Ignition coil connector part number?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the motorcraft part number for a replacement pigtail connector for the ignition coil connector? Cylinder 8 was misfiring, and I found out that before I owned this SUV someone broke the lock on the cylinder 8 coil connector. I'd like to get a genuine motorcraft pigtail kit and repin with the current wires. Thanks.

John Stephan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd suggest cutting some off a junkyard truck or van. Find solid ones that arent weak. Get extras to practice with. Depin yours and repin a good connector.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take a pin and release the plug clips holding the wire in the plug, then just insert the wires into these plugs and you're good to go. Just like in the video above. I would only replace the wiring if I noted damaged wires. It's usually just like you saw, somebody broke the locking clip off and it just needs a new plug and the wiring is fine.

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1511

CONN-100156-1.jpg.thumb_300x299_mat.jpg

Last edited:

Begwi

Reaction score
Take a pin and release the plug clips holding the wire in the plug, then just insert the wires into these plugs and you're good to go. Just like in the video above. I would only replace the wiring if I noted damaged wires. It's usually just like you saw, somebody broke the locking clip off and it just needs a new plug and the wiring is fine.

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1511

View attachment 66367
Hello. It has been a while since this thread was active. @Hamfisted Would you be able to recommend a pin removal tool? I bought these new connectors to replace two with broken clips on my 2015 Expedition 3.5L Ecoboost. The video above doesn't seem to be here anymore. Thank you.