Interior lighting??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kamaaina1

Reaction score
So they all turn on when you click the dimmer switch all the way up? As long as the dimmer switch isn't clicked all the way down, the interior lights should come on when you unlock (with the door keyless or remote) or when you open the door (assuming you didn't leave a door open with the car off and they timed out).

OK, here's what I got...
With the dimmer wheel clicked all the way down, the interior & puddle lights come on when I unlock vehicle with remote and just open the door when door is unlocked, then turn off in about 20sec. COOL! BUT! I lose instrument gauge brightness. If I roll the dimmer wheel all the way up, just before click, I have full brightness instrument gauge lighting, but door & unlock function do not turn on interior & puddle lighting... NOT COOL.... And yes, if I click dimmer wheel in full up position, all interior & puddle lights come on..

Thoughts???

Thanks!!

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue when I first got mine. The fuse for the interior lights was blown. I replaced it and the lights have worked correctly since.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kamaaina1

Reaction score
I believe I checked all possible fuses. All good. Could it be the dimmer switch itself?

OP
OP
K

kamaaina1

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I first got mine. The fuse for the interior lights was blown. I replaced it and the lights have worked correctly since.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

How many interior light fuses are their? I found three, and all good. Need to get these lights working for safety.

OP
OP
K

kamaaina1

Reaction score
OK,
I think the dimmer may be partially bad. According to the manual, Quote; "Move the control to the full down position, past detent, to prevent the interior lights from illuminating when the doors are opened". Well, that's not happening on my Expy. The lights stay on, and acts like if the dimmer wheel was in the middle variable settings. Interior lights time out or turn off with remote locking. It still operates the dimming of the instrument panel though.
Another observation; it looks like the dimmer & light switch are one unit with two plugs going to their respective inputs. I tried cleaning the unit with contact cleaner, but still no workie.
Anyone experience this problem??

OP
OP
K

kamaaina1

Reaction score
Diagnostic at dealer show that the light switch was bad. Replaced, and all is good!.