Interior noise from exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just FYI, 3.5L Raptors have the fake engine noise piped in through the speaker (I had one) and I'm pretty sure all the F-150 equipped with the 3.5L (possibly other ecoboost engine models also). You could turn it off with the Forscan tool. I didn't have the tool and didn't want to take it to the dealer to have them turn it off so I lived with it. I don't think it's applicable to the expedition but anyone with a forscan tool can look to see if the option exists to turn it off/on. Don't have a dog in this fight just putting it out there that the fake engine noise was on the F-150 line. Do with it what you will.
Easy, guy, unless you have a letter on Ford letterhead signed by Jim Farley confirming the noise, you're going to get yelled at for "spreading false information". Hahaha, I kid.

In all seriousness, you are correct that the noise can be disabled in forscan on the Expis.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In all seriousness, you are correct that the noise can be disabled in forscan on the Expis.
Did all yall miss post 34? @Nate2020KR said they disabled with forscan and no difference. How about some other members trying this to confirm and posting in a thread on that topic.

Because yall have totaly hijacked this thread about real noise droning in from exhaust.

Wnomis

Reaction score
An observation I noticed this weekend had nothing to do with exhaust noise per say but made me think of this thread. I was at a red light and living in Florida it was hot and I couldn’t believe how loud the car’s engine fan behind me was inside my plati. The car wasn’t super close but it also wasn’t far back. I am wondering if the sound dampening isn’t so great in the back…. Or if running my A/C on fresh air is forcing the little air flaps open on the rear of the vehicle allowing that noise to come in at a greater rate. Could this possibly have something to do with the noise we all experience coming from the rear of the vehicle? I know loud motorcycles seem to be louder when they are behind then when next to me… it could just be a design “flaw” that they didn’t dampen sound from the **** end as much as the rest of the car.

Last edited:

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An observation I noticed this weekend had nothing to do with exhaust noise per say but made me think of this thread. I was at a red light and living in Florida it was hot and I couldn’t believe how loud the car’s engine fan behind me was inside my plati. The car wasn’t super close but it also wasn’t far back. I am wondering if the sound dampening isn’t so great in the back…. Or if running my A/C on fresh air is forcing the little air flaps open on the rear of the vehicle allowing that noise to come in at a greater rate ‍♂️. Could this possibly have something to do with the noise we all experience coming from the rear of the vehicle? I know loud motorcycles seem to be louder when they are behind then when next to me… it could just be a design “flaw” that they didn’t dampen sound from the **** end as much as the rest of the car.
Could you have heard the fan from your cooled seats. Leaning forward with mine on the sound really gets loud. Leaning back nada.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back up real fast. Anyone have any experience putting a Corsa Pro series (i.e. part number CP300CT) and/or the pro series resonators on these ecoboosts? I reached out to Corsa and they said they've only tested them on V8's so there's no way to determine sound level, etc. I have a completely modified exhaust and I want to reduce the drone a bit, I've always had such good luck with the Corsa anti-drone tech in the past. That muffler has roughly the exact dimensions of the muffler I currently have from LGE so the swap would be pretty easy. i've also tried searching the F150 forums and I see plenty of folks that have used the cat back kits on their eco's, but I can't find anyone using just the pro series mufflers and resonators.

Thanks in advance.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back up real fast. Anyone have any experience putting a Corsa Pro series (i.e. part number CP300CT) and/or the pro series resonators on these ecoboosts? I reached out to Corsa and they said they've only tested them on V8's so there's no way to determine sound level, etc. I have a completely modified exhaust and I want to reduce the drone a bit, I've always had such good luck with the Corsa anti-drone tech in the past. That muffler has roughly the exact dimensions of the muffler I currently have from LGE so the swap would be pretty easy. i've also tried searching the F150 forums and I see plenty of folks that have used the cat back kits on their eco's, but I can't find anyone using just the pro series mufflers and resonators.

Thanks in advance.

I can 1000% guarantee anything aftermarket will be louder than stock if you are removing and replacing ANY of the stock resonator or muffler components. I wouldn't recommend it.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can 1000% guarantee anything aftermarket will be louder than stock if you are removing and replacing ANY of the stock resonator or muffler components. I wouldn't recommend it.
Appreciate that but that's not really what I was asking. I have already replaced everything more than once, I was just asking if anyone had any experience with the Corsa pro series components with this engine. I already know how bad various products are, like the magnaflow for example, was the worst thing I had ever heard... More annoying than putting glass packs on an old mopar 360.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Appreciate that but that's not really what I was asking. I have already replaced everything more than once, I was just asking if anyone had any experience with the Corsa pro series components with this engine. I already know how bad various products are, like the magnaflow for example, was the worst thing I had ever heard... More annoying than putting glass packs on an old mopar 360.

Unless the corsa has been designed and tested for the ecoboost, it's not going to give you a desirable tone or less drone. Just like you mentioned on the magnaflow. Magnaflow on the ecoboost sounds awful because they designed it for the 5.0 and it just happens to fit the ecoboost f150. I had the heartthrob exhaust on my 3.5eb F150, and while it sounded good...really good...it had drone and was NOT anything like a V8. Drone was so bad I installed a twister-style resonator that diesel guys use, which did help.