Intermittent rough idle, almost dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sub0cool

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Exp EL with 43k miles and sometimes the thing wants to die on startup. Esp after gas fill or if I turn it off let it set for a little, going from hot to warm engine. The engine is throwing no codes and has done this for the last 2k miles. This is a very intermittent issue, which I thought I took care of with a MAF cleaning. The Expy has a Hypertech program in it. I did have a CAI from Airaid but took it off because I thought that was the issue, but it apparently wasn't. The CAI was only run for around 1800 miles while on vacation. On the way back home after a fill up, the truck wouldn't start back. I always carry tools with me so I disconnected the battery and took the MAF out blew in it, like the old Nintendo games? Put it all back together and it fired up. Needless to say when I got home the CAI came off as soon as I got home. Anyone else ever have this issue? I'm going to reprogram the Ecu back to stick and contact a dealer very soon. I think I can get this covered under warranty.