Is it possible to separate CCD control from Drive Modes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttimlin08

Reaction score
I've spent weeks searching the web and playing with forscan to figure this out and haven't made any progress. On the 3rd gen trucks, you could separate the CCD controls from the Drive Modes with Forscan allowing you to change the shock damping on the instrument cluster WITHOUT changing the transmission shift strategy. We have a 19 Plat with CCD that simply doesn't handle well enough for the curvy/hilly/mountainous roads we drive on. Our solution has been to always have it in sport mode. It may handle better.. but the the accelerator pedal is a hair trigger in sport and always ready to drop a gear (or 4).

I have hellwig's sway bars on the way to help with body roll. If I could figure the CCD control out, I think this truck will handle like a dream. Thank you in advance for anyone who can help!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The simple one word answer is No. The 15-17's that were equipped with CCD it was a separate setting, and GREAT. In the 4th gens they tied it to Mode.

You could get a tune, but not sure HPTuners has control over CCD. If it doesn't you could program a Mode with the desired CCD setting to have the exact shift strategy and throttle mapping you want.

OP
OP
ttimlin08

ttimlin08

Reaction score
Thank you Loki for your prompt reply!

Not being able to find any info on this for the 4th gen trucks.. I was worried that was going to be the case. I guess I’ll give Livernois or 5-star a call if the sway bars don’t do the trick.

20Expy

Reaction score
Thank you Loki for your prompt reply!

Not being able to find any info on this for the 4th gen trucks.. I was worried that was going to be the case. I guess I’ll give Livernois or 5-star a call if the sway bars don’t do the trick.
Any updates with seperating CCD from the drive modes? I just tried it in sport mode and love the suspension tuning for the corners!