Is this a safety problem? Steering wheel crooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Expy Ltd.

Recently (last week or so) I have noticed th occaisional random clunk from the front end during low speed (parking lot) type turns. It is infrequent and not very loud. I sort of figured "Meh, old trucks do that".

Today I noticed the steering wheel is turned slightly right (~3-4 degrees) when driving straight and level.

I am trading the truck in when (and if) my new 2023 gets here. I would like to ignore this. Is this dangerous, or just a nuisance. I hate to spend money at a shop for a truck I am getting rid of. The trade in value is already low due to rocker rust through.

Trade in horizon is fuzzy, but probably 1-2 months if ford is to be believed.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could it be that it just needs a realignment?

I sure hope that's all.

I am not sure if the steering wheel being "off center" was sudden or gradual. I noticed it this morning, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

My theoretical build date for my 2023 SPP is March 6th. Ever since I got the date this truck has decided to punish me.

* Splash shield rusted off the front left brake assembly
* Right front window will go down but not up
* Driver heated seat stopped working
* New suspension clunk of unknown root cause

All within a 2 month period. It KNOWS I am getting rid of it and like Christine it is pissed about it. I'm just hoping this front end thing isn't the truck deciding to take me with it. :)

At least I can be sure I am getting rid of it at the right time.