Jittery ride w/ CCD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that's encouraging. I was not impressed with the stock Hankook tires and was wondering if a set of Michelin Defenders would help the ride. Seems like they would.

Thanks for the reply.
I just replaced my stock Hankook’s with some Yokohama’s and I didn’t know how unhappy I really was with the Hankooks until they were gone.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is so interesting how peoples perspectives are so different. I find my xlt to be the best riding vehicle I have ever owned and I think it drives like a dream. I will say the new shocks I just put on did make a positive difference in the ride.

Over the years, I have found tires make a bigger difference on ride than anything else I have done. Shocks, springs, etc. Tires and tire pressure have a more noticeable effect than everything else.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with the tire talk. I feel it is the most important thing an end user can do to their car to help or hurt the ride. I had put some Bridgestone Dueler Alenza on the 18 before we traded and they were light years ahead of the hankooks. I think they were wearing rather quickly but I’m not sure. My favorite tire on multiple different types of vehicles is Michelin. I have had virtually every other brand of tire and I think they are the best riding quietest tire available. I think I might be done with trying different brands and stick exclusively with Michelin.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
Well that's encouraging. I was not impressed with the stock Hankook tires and was wondering if a set of Michelin Defenders would help the ride. Seems like they would.

Thanks for the reply.

I put the Defenders on our Expedition and really like them.

Schini

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. So I purchase a 2018 Max Platinum (22"/CCD) 2 months ago. I traded in a 2016 F150 (3.5 Eco with AWD) and I had Michelin Defenders on it which was an extremely comfortable ride. The dealer put brand new Goodyear Eagle Touring's on the Expy prior to sale. I have Goodyears on my wife's Honda Pilot and I find them to be noisy on the road compared to the Michelins, although we are comparing different vehicles.

Reviews on these tires are pretty terrible: https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tire...ZP0j58aGKXqLjHzEPkQwH3S7sXFI5HqTmYgoa1iDoh3sk

Anyways, about 2 months in, and I am feeling this "shudder" all the time, mainly around 40 MPH, but I feel it as I accelerate. It isn't when stopping and brakes are checked and OK. I have had it in the shop, rebalanced/aligned etc but it is driving me crazy. From reading this thread it is making me think these tires are the culprit. I find it odd that it would start to show itself after a couple months of use, I would have noticed it right away after buying the vehicle, especially if it were a transmission issue. I am hoping that this isn't some unknown transmission issue and simply crappy tires. There's no way that this vehicle should feel like this constantly. I don't want to replace "new" tires but I know Michelins are quality and the defenders were awesome.

Looking for opinions from others that may have dealt with this issue.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. So I purchase a 2018 Max Platinum (22"/CCD) 2 months ago. I traded in a 2016 F150 (3.5 Eco with AWD) and I had Michelin Defenders on it which was an extremely comfortable ride. The dealer put brand new Goodyear Eagle Touring's on the Expy prior to sale. I have Goodyears on my wife's Honda Pilot and I find them to be noisy on the road compared to the Michelins, although we are comparing different vehicles.

Reviews on these tires are pretty terrible: https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tire...ZP0j58aGKXqLjHzEPkQwH3S7sXFI5HqTmYgoa1iDoh3sk

Anyways, about 2 months in, and I am feeling this "shudder" all the time, mainly around 40 MPH, but I feel it as I accelerate. It isn't when stopping and brakes are checked and OK. I have had it in the shop, rebalanced/aligned etc but it is driving me crazy. From reading this thread it is making me think these tires are the culprit. I find it odd that it would start to show itself after a couple months of use, I would have noticed it right away after buying the vehicle, especially if it were a transmission issue. I am hoping that this isn't some unknown transmission issue and simply crappy tires. There's no way that this vehicle should feel like this constantly. I don't want to replace "new" tires but I know Michelins are quality and the defenders were awesome.

Looking for opinions from others that may have dealt with this issue.

Your question is going to get buried here, especially in a thread about suspension. I think u should ask this question in another thread or find a thread specifically about tires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryin2fickshit