KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Underdog66

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking at buying a replacement key for my expy. The one I am considering states "Please verify vehicle does not have an ignition guard." Does that refer to the plastic piece on the keyed ignition that the key fits into in order to turn the key?

View media item 6736
Thanks

OP
OP
Underdog66

Underdog66

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.
I don't think that its referring to the transponder since it says it works with the security system and needs to be programmed.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An ignition guard is exactly what the picture you posted is, so yes, you are correct.
(aftermarket/generic) folding switchblade key/fob combos often don't work with these. Those with longer blades will, but not all are created equally.

Old Guy

Reaction score
Buy the key thru amazon. I think I paid around $10 each for the keys and 8 for the fob. There is a letter stamped on the key and you have to match it. A competent locksmith can program it a lot cheaper than the dealer who wanted $250 per key. My lock guy programmed 2 keys for $50. He also did 2 key fobs included at that price.
The programming computers come with programs for ALL manufacturers

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I bought 2 PATSII keys on EBAY for $4/each. I had my local Value Home center, cut them(no charge). I programmed them myself(instructions in the owners manual), with my two originals.