2011 factory remote start not working after ECU replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Deater

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am not having much luck with my google fu or searching here, so I thought I would give a post a shot. I have a 2011 expedition with the factory remote start. We had to replace the engine control module at some point due to a failure. After fighting with it for a long time, they finally got everything working except the remote start. We tried the local Ford dealer, and they claim it is not a factory remote start, it's aftermarket and they won't touch it. In this model from what I have found, the factory remote start used the CodeAlarm system with a little add on button fob on the keyring. This is why the dealer and shop say it is aftermarket and not their problem to fix. Anyone fimiular with this setup? When I try to use it, it goes into theft mode. I'm sure it has to be programmed to the new ECU. I tried going into the dash menu to the section about programming an additional key, presenting both keys one at a time, then I try to hit the remote start hoping it would see it as the 3rd key. But that does not work.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett