1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of acceleration

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by Miles Walcott, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Miles Walcott

Miles Walcott Member

everything works properly. It starts fine, plus I had the flywheel replaced which occurred post problem. If anything, the upshifting is the issue. I have adjusted the TRS properly atleast to my knowledge. Is there a write up on the procedure.

I’m not sure about plugs, tried to pull one but one that I tried didn’t budge so I backed off, gotta buy the tools for the “oh crap” moments. I’m dreading the process and finding the time to do it unless I pay a shop. The local dealer wanted $400 plus depending on how many plugs broke.

might be work the look. I had to replace a section of brake line, but this occurred before the issue. Never would have thought of this one. Wouldn’t I have noticed any other drivability concerns with dragging brakes though?

2. JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe Full Access Members

I had a dragging rear brake I never noticed until I was bringing some big furniture home and had the back hatch open. I started smelling that very familiar smell.

In my case I replaced the rear calipers and all of the rubber brake lines. The problem went away. It took a lot of troubleshooting though.

As far as misfires. If you have COP s, be sure to install new rubber boot kits.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

3. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Old School Member

Change the plugs and check for a miss under load before you do anything else. Common problem.