Leveling Kit Assistance/Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montazuma

Reaction score
ReadyLift 3/2. Stock 3rd Gen are canted forward. Maybe the air shock version levels out? But the standard version is definitely canted forward just like the F150 in order to accommodate a payload of over 1500 lbs. I’m not sure it would be worth the time or money to do a 1” kit. The 3/2 doesn’t actually make much of a visual impression and your ground clearance becomes just a hair better than a stock F150 because the Expy with its 4 wheel IS sits lower than a Subaru Outback. Check out www.stage3motorsports.com. They did a full build and have lots of pics.

Luis Gomez

Reaction score
I have 2010 EL and used the rancho readylift leveling kit it not only level but also gave it some lift about an 1-3/4 which allows for 295-55-20 winters tires and 305-40-22 for the summer. you can also dial in how soft and hard you want your ride I set mine halfway point not to harsh and not to soft 2010Expy_LI.jpg

OP
OP
R

ral_19

Reaction score
ReadyLift 3/2. Stock 3rd Gen are canted forward. Maybe the air shock version levels out? But the standard version is definitely canted forward just like the F150 in order to accommodate a payload of over 1500 lbs. I’m not sure it would be worth the time or money to do a 1” kit. The 3/2 doesn’t actually make much of a visual impression and your ground clearance becomes just a hair better than a stock F150 because the Expy with its 4 wheel IS sits lower than a Subaru Outback. Check out www.stage3motorsports.com. They did a full build and have lots of pics.
Ya that is the only thing I am worried about is it not doing enough to the look to be worth it, however I do tow with it occationally, and I was towing the other day and I measured how much the rear sqauted, and it was pretty dang close to about an inch of squat in the rear, and it looked good. That turned out to be a pretty good little simulation and it looked fine. Im just worried about the wheel gap on the front fenders if I go anything more than an inch, MAYBE an inch and a half. I hate the cali lean look and think it may give it the illusion of that.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the 1" blocks would be perfect.

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
About 400 pounds of gear in the back makes it look level. Maybe that's why the are canted forward while unloaded? I recommend concrete blocks, rather than ping pong balls. That will leave some room for the kids in the back.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About 400 pounds of gear in the back makes it look level. Maybe that's why the are canted forward while unloaded? I recommend concrete blocks, rather than ping pong balls. That will leave some room for the kids in the back.
Exactly why, they are a towing machine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire