Location of stock amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kneega

Reaction score
Hi, i'm an installer for a car audio store and was wondering where the stock amplifier for a 1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition is located?

I would like to bypass the system without tagging wires to each individual speaker. Also, could anybody tell me where the VSS wire is located?

I tried searching on this forum, but the closest thing I found was "passenger kick panel."

thank you all for the help

FORDING

Reaction score
location of the stock amp

The stock amp is located in the rear of the Expy on the passenger side where the stock sub is. you need to remove the rear interior panel and you will have full access to the amp.

Kevinn

Reaction score
Good question...

I can't seem to find it in my Exp. I have a 2002 Expedition XLT Triton V8 (2WD). Everyone sounds like they have a sub and amp except me, I went to look for any sort of access to any panel and there is none.. Where and how do I get to it if I have one at all and where can I hide my Bazooka Amp I have, it's a little large - a 300W model.

I am VERY interested in knowing how to get the radio out, photos would be very helpful and also knowing how to wire an amp to my existing car system, I understand changing it is a real PITA.

baller baller

Reaction score
i agree with the too loud too old thing i have two jl audio 12" w 3's with a custom box need less to say...******* out the window:cheers:

baller baller

Reaction score
well **** my last statement. some ******* stole them tonight when i was at work. damn that ****** me of. i mean seriously you get more gratification if you earn them rather than stealing them from me. cuz if i find out who did it ur ass will be so raw for the next 3 to 5 in prison

marc0834

Reaction score
Do you know how to replace the door speakers ? I cant figure out how to take out the side panels. I want to put separaes on my side panels.