Lock Sync 3 into surround vs stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
Have the sync 3 mod on my car.. randomly turns itself from surround to stereo... Any one have an idea of a possible way to lock it in stereo???

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have the sync 3 mod on my car.. randomly turns itself from surround to stereo... Any one have an idea of a possible way to lock it in stereo???

Are you running the most recent version of Sync 3? Only time I see it switch is when I mess with the APIM via FORSCAN, or upload a tune via HyperTech or HP Tuner MPVI2. Other than that it stays put.

I screwed with tuning last month SO MUCH I just got in the habit of setting it back, along with the interior lights, and the side steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
According to Ford's website i am (version 3.0) it just randomly drops out.

Are you running the most recent version of Sync 3? Only time I see it switch is when I mess with the APIM via FORSCAN, or upload a tune via HyperTech or HP Tuner MPVI2. Other than that it stays put.

I screwed with tuning last month SO MUCH I just got in the habit of setting it back, along with the interior lights, and the side steps.

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
Nope, not that part it was a sync 2 to sync 3 upgrade. I'll play around with it in Forscan and see if I can lock it

Then something else is going on. Still under warranty?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, not that part it was a sync 2 to sync 3 upgrade. I'll play around with it in Forscan and see if I can lock it

Oh! That was a excellent detail to include in your original post! If the year or that detail is in your signature, it does no good for those f us that do 95% of our forum reading from the TapaTalk App.

Coding could definitely be a factor. Since you swapped the APIM it might be getting reset every time it actually shuts completely down, not sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni