Lock/Unlock gone from FordPass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is really gonna suck if Ford removes this awesome feature they gave us and let us love, only to remove it.
Any ideas for trying to get it back and keep it?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is really gonna suck if Ford removes this awesome feature they gave us and let us love, only to remove it.
Any ideas for trying to get it back and keep it?
I am going to guess it's a glitch. Apple just released iOS 13.3 a couple of days ago and I have upgraded. Maybe this new version of the Ford app is written for 13.3 and if you aren't running that newest iOS version it's glitchy. Maybe there's some other reason it's glitchy. I would give it a week and see if Ford pushes a new update out.

In other words...there is no way Ford is going to discontinue this feature. It's trendy and hip and #thekids love when they can do non-phone things on their phones.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to guess it's a glitch. Apple just released iOS 13.3 a couple of days ago and I have upgraded. Maybe this new version of the Ford app is written for 13.3 and if you aren't running that newest iOS version it's glitchy. Maybe there's some other reason it's glitchy. I would give it a week and see if Ford pushes a new update out.

In other words...there is no way Ford is going to discontinue this feature. It's trendy and hip and #thekids love when they can do non-phone things on their phones.
The original poster has an Android phone and lost the lock/ unlock. I have Android but still have this feature. There's also iPhone inconsistencies up above.
I hear what you're saying, Aggie, and I agree it's popular and loved. However, there's obviously several people who have just lost this feature this week. If it's a glitch, that's more occurrences than I'd care to see.
Maybe people should be logging complaints with their local dealer service departments or something? The disapproval needs to get back to Ford.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The original poster has an Android phone and lost the lock/ unlock. I have Android but still have this feature. There's also iPhone inconsistencies up above.
I hear what you're saying, Aggie, and I agree it's popular and loved. However, there's obviously several people who have just lost this feature this week. If it's a glitch, that's more occurrences than I'd care to see.
Maybe people should be logging complaints with their local dealer service departments or something? The disapproval needs to get back to Ford.
In the FordPass app there is a button on the bottom edge called "Guides". Click that and it will give you the option to either call or chat with App Tech Support. I think that is where you would go.

If you look at the app version history (on iOS anyway) you can see Ford puts out a new version every month or so, with a followup immediately thereafter to fix any bugs. I'm not saying this is a bug, necessarily, just that Ford is clearly putting a lot of energy into this app and I bet they would be responsive to your feedback.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Pixel 4, just checked the app and got notice of an update to it's TOS but after accepting the lock and unlock are still there.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the FordPass app there is a button on the bottom edge called "Guides". Click that and it will give you the option to either call or chat with App Tech Support. I think that is where you would go.

If you look at the app version history (on iOS anyway) you can see Ford puts out a new version every month or so, with a followup immediately thereafter to fix any bugs. I'm not saying this is a bug, necessarily, just that Ford is clearly putting a lot of energy into this app and I bet they would be responsive to your feedback.
You millennials and inherent tech knowledge... impressive.
(Hahaha! And I'm not much older than you.)

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
iOS 12.4.3 (iPhone 6), Upgraded to FordPass 2.20 and lost the lock/unlock icons.

(edit: actually, restarting the app, I see the icons for a split second, then they vanish).

(edit 2: Now the remote start button went away! Oh, now it's back...definitely a bit flakey)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357