Lolo Bike Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have used this a few times already on my rig. Really nice option and not too many 6 bike options available for a bigger family. Yakima/Thule/others seemed very expensive and kinda crappy. Lolo has Excellent build quality. Made in USA. A bit heavy, but, won't need another rack in this lifetime. Figured I'd share...

IMG_5189_Lolo2.JPG

IMG_5196_Lolo1.JPG

IMG_20190713_135720_Lolo3.jpg

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How hard is it to fold up and down when full of bikes? My Thule is a chore to lift back up when full and that is only 4 bikes. It really almost should be 2 people. Just curious if it is pretty heavy to lift solo? Guessing yes.

How about rattles, all pretty tight still and rattle free after a few trips?

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you need to add a red flag to it to stay compliant with the DOT?

OP
OP
byathread

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How hard is it to fold up and down when full of bikes? My Thule is a chore to lift back up when full and that is only 4 bikes. It really almost should be 2 people. Just curious if it is pretty heavy to lift solo? Guessing yes.

How about rattles, all pretty tight still and rattle free after a few trips?

I tried the folding up and down when I first got it loaded with bikes and greased everything so it'd be slippy. I can do it by myself, but, some ham ******* required to get the slip fit pin back in.

Tight as a drum/no rattles or squeaks, but, I followed the assembly instructions and torqued everything/lock tite blued all connections. It comes with a locking pin that seems like it'll hold up that really tightens it into the receiver, so, no rattles. Probably about 1800 miles of use with two longer trips across PA and lots of local stuff.

Do you need to add a red flag to it to stay compliant with the DOT?

Maybe? I don't. Can see brake lights through everything pretty good. I'm waiting/ready to get pulled over... People do give me space/back off I've noticed! [emoji23]

MIKEMARTIN503

Reaction score
Have used this a few times already on my rig. Really nice option and not too many 6 bike options available for a bigger family. Yakima/Thule/others seemed very expensive and kinda crappy. Lolo has Excellent build quality. Made in USA. A bit heavy, but, won't need another rack in this lifetime. Figured I'd share...

View attachment 31684

View attachment 31685

View attachment 31686

View attachment 31684

View attachment 31685

View attachment 31686
I see the window opens with the LOLO Bike rack upright. Will the full door open with the LOLO Bike rack in the tilted position?