Lowering the 03 Update...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhitE03

Reaction score
So i ordered the Intrax springs...2"/1.8" hoping that will clear some wheel gap...

2 questions tho

do i need an alignment kit? Ive read numerous places that they arnt needed with a little drop...and ive seen a couple of lowering jobs where people didnt use them and said they were fine...but i wanna know if there is a real answer out there...

and also since u have to take the springs off to replace the shocks i wanna get new shocks now to save my self some money on the install...ive heard bilsteins are a very harsh ride, so im thinking about going with the Rancho RSX17000 shocks . any one use these, or hear anything on them...and would they work just fine with a slight drop? or are there any other shocks out there...i cant seem to find any?

plan on ordering the shocks within the next day or 2...and have it installed by next week...ill have before and after pics

thanks in advance
:cool:

Last edited:

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd do an alignment for sure. 2" is a lot. You can also wait a few weeks for the springs to settle before you get the alignment. They all settle a bit more after you install them.

But keep an eye on tire wear...if it gets goofy then take it in for an alignment right away.

OP
OP
W

WhitE03

Reaction score
Originally posted by pronstar
I'd do an alignment for sure. 2" is a lot. You can also wait a few weeks for the springs to settle before you get the alignment. They all settle a bit more after you install them.

But keep an eye on tire wear...if it gets goofy then take it in for an alignment right away.

yeah im def. getting an alignment...its a must with suspension upgrades...im talkin about the alignment kit that allows you to adjust the camber about 2 more degrees...i dont think the 2 inch drop throws the camber off that much and is able to be realigned using the oem stuff...but im just double checking...hopefully some one knows for sure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker