1999 ford expedition Shocks/struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aldaro

Reaction score
I've had a 1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD for about a year now she had a few issues but I've most of them I've been using her for mostly camping and some off-roading. Every time I take her off-offroading it always surprises me how well she does completely stock. But now that I've fixed her up I wanna start doing some upgrades I got a nice winch bumper but before I put it on I need to upgrade my suspension currently I have four shocks and two springs in the rear, and I'm interested in putting a lift on it then getting bigger rims and tires but I've been struggling to find a suitable lift kit so I'm starting to doubt if it's even worth it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a lift kit for my year and model? preferably I'm looking for a 2" or 3" lift.

My next question is if I don't put a lift on it what are the largest rims and tires I could fit on it with a stock suspension?

Next, since I got a bigger bumper I need coil-overs to compensate for the added weight I've seen some but I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions before I settle on one.

I'm planning on just keeping struts in the back anyone have any suggestions on a good pair of struts?

And then finally would I be able to fit F-150 shocks and struts on my car since they are very similar?

Last edited:

Dobermans

Reaction score
You can do a torsion bar twist and add spacers on rear coils. Get the 7700 torsion bars they will carry the load of a winch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire