Mach system going bye bye!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm still getting this new to me '00 expedition EB set up the way I'd like, and the Mach system has got to go. Sounds....ok, but I'm used to 3000+ watt systems with really good sound quality lol

Does anyone know what impedance the stock Mach speakers are? They have decent sound quality and for now to save money I'm wondering if anyone has ever amplified them? If so, how'd they sound with how much power?

Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Mach system? I'd like to avoid running words to all doors but will if I have to. Where's the factory speaker amp? I know where the sub amp is. I'm assuming there's a separate one for the speakers... Is it the deck itself?

I'll definitely keep everyone updated on the build :)

Tony

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the factory head unit is the speaker amp in my 99 I have a pioneer hu and the speakers are fine all the way up and you can use the existing cable for sure just get adapters from metraonline.com

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine are amplified with a alpine 400w amp sounds good 2 channel.... bought it that way

OP
OP
Mediamonkey11

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, I'll likely use the fronts as midbass drivers for a separate set and the rears as they are. They'll be getting 75W RMS each.

Already ordered the metra harness without subwoofer integration as well as a dash kit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr