Magnaflow cats on 3rd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69charged

Reaction score
Hello all. I tried a search for what I'm looking for but no such luck. I am in need of a new right side cat, as the one that was just installed by the previous owner is now pooched after they drove it with 2 cylinders not firing.
I am getting maggies, but am torn between getting them with the sensor in the body, or putting the sensor after the cat. Lots and lots of f150 owners install them after the cats. But those that install the sensors in the cats like factory, get efficiency codes from the cats. Almost everything I've read says put them after. Does anyone have experience or have them installed, and if so, which way did you go. I also plan on getting a 5star programmer, which I can delete the back 2 sensors, but I would like to do it right anyway.
A call to bosch said that the sensors are not designed to be installed after the cat. Don't know if he meant the ones on the expy, or in general. Cause there are thousands that are mounted after the cat factory.
Any help or opinions would be great.
Clarence