mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've always thought they would look better with truck mirrors, as opposed to car mirrors. I need to run to our local yard this week, I'll see if they have any and grab 'em, since they charge beans for everything....

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
please do... my local junkyards are ripoffs... I can get a pair off ebay cheaper than one from them... and they wont sell me a broken mirror either....

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of those... really wanna keep it in the ford family and love the 09+ F250 mirrors the best... but have been looking at other makes... saw a newer tundra the other day with f250 looking mirrors and the bases looked very similar

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably with some modifications... dont know know if the bolts are the same or if the bases are... from the outside they look close but need to find a set to see if I can make them work...

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All!

Last week I picked up a 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer. This vehicle is an addition to the "fleet" (2005 F-250 4 x 4 w/Powerstroke diesel, 2005 Focus ZX3, 2007 Subaru Forrester, 2 Victory motorcycles and some other "toys").

I plan on using the Ex for towing my 7 x 14 cargo trailer. I want to upgrade the mirrors to a Ford trailer tow mirror also.

This coming weekend, I will be upgrading my stereo, and then I will see if the 1999-2007 Superduty mirrors will fit on the 2008 Expedition. I have an old mirror in the garage.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be able to report back with positive results.

On another front, can anyone out there give me directions to remove the inside cover of the liftgate? Thanks in advance.

Marc

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

Last week I picked up a 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer. This vehicle is an addition to the "fleet" (2005 F-250 4 x 4 w/Powerstroke diesel, 2005 Focus ZX3, 2007 Subaru Forrester, 2 Victory motorcycles and some other "toys").

I plan on using the Ex for towing my 7 x 14 cargo trailer. I want to upgrade the mirrors to a Ford trailer tow mirror also.

This coming weekend, I will be upgrading my stereo, and then I will see if the 1999-2007 Superduty mirrors will fit on the 2008 Expedition. I have an old mirror in the garage.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be able to report back with positive results.

On another front, can anyone out there give me directions to remove the inside cover of the liftgate? Thanks in advance.

Marc

Please start a new thread with this bc Ive been really looking into doing this.

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
please do... my local junkyards are ripoffs... I can get a pair off ebay cheaper than one from them... and they wont sell me a broken mirror either....

Strike 1. Nothing in this weekend that was worth even trying to get. I've been looking at a friends 2010 Tundra, and I think you're right, they might fit with the least amount of work.

I'll be back there next weekend, since their inventory gets swapped out regularly, and keep seeing what I can come up with.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Upsdate:

Ford Superduty mirros from 1999 to 2008 model years will NOT work on the 2008 Expedition.

Too many modifications would have to be made to use these mirrors on the Expedition.

I'm going to see if I can "borrow" a trailer tow mirror from a F-150 to see what modifcations I would have to make to use them.

I'll keep you posted.

By the way changing out the stereo in an Expedition is 1000 times easier than in a Super Duty.

Marc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69