Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiley84

Reaction score
We have a 07 expy el eb. does any one have any ideas for mods that would make it better. right now it is stock. I have added a resistor to the iat and it seems to have helped with the mpg's so far. i know i added on to my f-150 and its getting about 23 on the highway. any ideas would be great. thanks. I will post pics as soon i as can. we already had a hit and run on it and only have had it for a month.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are you trying to make better? Handling, off road, power, mileage, audio, appearance?

I have the Superchips Cortex tuner and it drives like a different truck. More power and better shifting. Plus a little better mileage. I added the K&N intake with the CAI tune. It didn't help mileage but the throttle response feels better.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just check my signature, it's all in there. By far the best upgrade was the programmer.

OP
OP
W

wiley84

Reaction score
i am trying to make mileage and drive ability. I don't know how much off road it will see seeing how its my wife's rig but there will be some light towing with it.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
custom tune...or programmer but for the price of a programmer...custom tune is best

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
custom tune...or programmer but for the price of a programmer...custom tune is best

FREEWAY. . .
I have been wondering what a programmer is and what does it do but now I am curious about the custom tune. Can you tell me what each one is and the purpose?

Thanx

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
programmer is a hand held computer that you plug to your truck...they have preset tunes for performance that changes the ECU/engine/trans depending on what youre trying to do...you can change trans shift points/rpms/firmness of shift...calibrate for plus size wheels/tires for the speedo...most have a 87 octane performance setting and 91 octane (must run 91) and you may find a gas saver for increase mpg's...throttle response is adjusted with all of these settings and truck will be better than stock in numbers and performance...they are preset like audio preset buttons

custom tunes are where you take a programmer or they have their own and you tell them what youre trying to achieve/looking to do/get and they make a tunes specifically for your truck to do exactly what you want...may or may not require dyno...

so preset...vs...custom