Muhahahaha!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the Expedition right now in a parking lot, watch car pull up really tight behind me. Crunch! They just demolished their front bumper cover on my tow ball. This is why I keep it in when not towing. Otherwise my bumper would have went crunch too. They wouldn’t even look at me as they walked away, too good.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh snap!@#$%@!

Still sucks getting hit....

Yup, the repair shop replaced the entire receiver on mine when I was rear-ended by a pickemup truck but he told me the frame might have been damaged without the big-assed bar and balls on the end.

Glad your truck is ok!

jeff

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sitting in the Expedition right now in a parking lot, watch car pull up really tight behind me. Crunch! They just demolished their front bumper cover on my tow ball. This is why I keep it in when not towing. Otherwise my bumper would have went crunch too. They wouldn’t even look at me as they walked away, too good.

You should have gotten out and said that they scratched the paint on your hitch :)

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Walking away from the scene of a collision is still a hit & run on the books... just sayin'

A wise fellow once told me never to let them "walk away", as often times these people will call up their insurance and/or police and tell them YOU backed into them and took off, after you leave the scene.

Wise words indeed...

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking away from the scene of a collision is still a hit & run on the books... just sayin'

A wise fellow once told me never to let them "walk away", as often times these people will call up their insurance and/or police and tell them YOU backed into them and took off, after you leave the scene.

Wise words indeed...

I don’t think they will, hope not. They pulled in and crunched fast, backed up, got out and went into the building. They likely didn’t know I was in my truck. No damage to mine, there’s was a plastic bumper. I left before they got back to their vehicle.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Wise words indeed...

I had someone pull that crap on me after a truck nearly ended my riding career. I called the police because, well, it's built into my helmet. When they pulled him over, he claimed I had "charged his truck"......let that sink in a moment so you can visualize how that would work out for me.

The cop didn't have a choice, I understood that....his word against mine.....but what you say about a damage claim is very possible. I try not to worry about that kind of stuff so I would have walked away too.

jeff

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I had some dude in a Chevy Cruze, back into me, while I was pumping gas. He took off, like he just did a bank heist. The gas station said, no video footage was available. A cop showed up and blew me off. He said "well its an older truck and just some small scuffs, that will buff out".

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had some dude in a Chevy Cruze, back into me, while I was pumping gas. He took off, like he just did a bank heist. The gas station said, no video footage was available. A cop showed up and blew me off. He said "well its an older truck and just some small scuffs, that will buff out".
Dang! The 2003s not in immaculate condition anymore??? :eek:

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw a video of a dude in a f350 with an anylevel lift on it that had one of those drop ball hitches, thin was huge! Some guy ran his SUV into the hitch when the f350 was at lowest suspension setting and the driver hit the lift button on his remote and lifted the SUV off the ground until he ripped its front bumper off with it still on the hitch. Funniest shit I’ve seen!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2