Multi Contour Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbosin

Reaction score
My drivers side seat is not communicating to the settings with Sync 3. Anyone else ever have this? Also it seems the top and bottom on the round seat switch may not be working.
I know it's under warranty but maybe some insight from all you smart people might save me the hassle with the dealership.
2019 Platinum.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. The multi-direction keypad on my driver’s seat has been fubar for about a year now. The center button (to activate the “massage”) works about 4/5 times, but the arrows seem drunk; they don’t work or they go the wrong direction or whatever. So they’re useless.

But given that: 1) I hardly ever adjust my seat settings 2) the center button works to start my massage most of the time and 3) I can accomplish everything I need to with the center stack screen, I’ve never worried about bringing it up with the dealer. I will at some point but it hasn’t been worth it to me yet.

OP
OP
gbosin

gbosin

Reaction score
Yes. The multi-direction keypad on my driver’s seat has been fubar for about a year now. The center button (to activate the “massage”) works about 4/5 times, but the arrows seem drunk; they don’t work or they go the wrong direction or whatever. So they’re useless.

But given that: 1) I hardly ever adjust my seat settings 2) the center button works to start my massage most of the time and 3) I can accomplish everything I need to with the center stack screen, I’ve never worried about bringing it up with the dealer. I will at some point but it hasn’t been worth it to me yet.

The Sync 3 screen controls are not working either. I'm going to take it in. This vehicle cost too much to let this slide

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had issues with my passenger seat not working properly. The dealer reset the sync 3 system as it was likely the cause. I was also fed some BS about Ford tracking how many times the sync head unit is replaced as apparently there is a limit (not the best dealership).

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had issues with my passenger seat not working properly. The dealer reset the sync 3 system as it was likely the cause. I was also fed some BS about Ford tracking how many times the sync head unit is replaced as apparently there is a limit (not the best dealership).
The limit must be three, because that's when the lemon law is activated.

Jeka

Reaction score
My drivers side seat is not communicating to the settings with Sync 3. Anyone else ever have this? Also it seems the top and bottom on the round seat switch may not be working.
I know it's under warranty but maybe some insight from all you smart people might save me the hassle with the dealership.
2019 Platinum.
Did you/dealer fix the issue?
Looks like I have the same problem. My 2018 Platinum starting doing that after about 6 months. Then it suddenly went away and buttons started to work again, after I recalled seat memory. Two weeks later, it stopped working again.
Have you tried to reset Sync3 or disconnect battery?
Just want to get something before I go to my dealer.
Thanks.

OP
OP
gbosin

gbosin

Reaction score
Did you/dealer fix the issue?
Looks like I have the same problem. My 2018 Platinum starting doing that after about 6 months. Then it suddenly went away and buttons started to work again, after I recalled seat memory. Two weeks later, it stopped working again.
Have you tried to reset Sync3 or disconnect battery?
Just want to get something before I go to my dealer.
Thanks.
I did a reboot of the Sync 3 and it worked once for a short while, seat started acting up again, reboot didn't work. I haven't had time to get it into the dealer yet, it's been a crazy busy Summer but not necessarily a fun one.

Last edited: