Multiple codes after transmission replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unlikeanother

Reaction score
I have a 2016 3.5 v6 twin turbo that just had a transmission replacement and body work done. Went into the shop throwing two codes of P0701 and P0430. Body shop cleared all history for some reason, transmission was replaced and vehicle was reprogrammed and now I am throwing multiple codes P0012, P0014, P0022, P0024, P0299, P051B and P052B for the engine. brakes system has 7 codes for failure to communicate, driver seat module has 5 codes for failure to communicate, interface module has 3 codes for failure to communicate and rear HVAC module has 1 for failure to communicate. Honestly there may be more that I’m forgetting.

The vehicle is not entering limp mode, but is driving as though under massive restriction and can’t maintain acceleration.

No one can seem to find the source of the issue, and of course body shop denies any responsibility, transmission shop is trying to hunt down the source. Anyone with any possible insight?

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
It sounds like an issue with electrical connections. Multiple codes all at once can indicate that, an electrical connection was damaged or unplugged. This is likely, especially after the repairs done on your Expedition, which involved electrical connections.
With the timing codes, I would check that the wiring is connected properly, and isn't damaged in any way to the Camshaft Position sensors and VCT solenoids.

What part of the body did the car have body repair done to it. Did the driver seat get removed at all?

- Joseph

OP
OP
U

unlikeanother

Reaction score
It sounds like an issue with electrical connections. Multiple codes all at once can indicate that, an electrical connection was damaged or unplugged. This is likely, especially after the repairs done on your Expedition, which involved electrical connections.
With the timing codes, I would check that the wiring is connected properly, and isn't damaged in any way to the Camshaft Position sensors and VCT solenoids.

What part of the body did the car have body repair done to it. Did the driver seat get removed at all?

- Joseph
I had the hood and windshield replaced because of hail damage, nothing was done to the drivers seat as far as I am aware.

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
Hood and windshield replacement shouldn't have affected anything, so that can be ruled out.
Do you know what the Brake system Codes are?

OP
OP
U

unlikeanother

Reaction score
Hood and windshield replacement shouldn't have affected anything, so that can be ruled out.
Do you know what the Brake system Codes are?
Everything says failure to communicate within each of the additional modules. I don’t remember any numbers for codes, the vehicle is currently back at the transmission shop for them to look everything over again.

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
Sounds like a bulk connector was left unplugged to something, or the wiring to a main harness was damaged.
Hopefully the transmission shop will find something out-of-line, that will end up fixing the problem.