07 XLT intermittent multiple codes and warning lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAnderson79

Reaction score
I'm getting multiple codes and warning lights intermittently on my 07. These come and go simultaneously, so before I start replacing parts, I wanted get your opinions on whether this might stem from a common source and what I should be doing to troubleshoot.
07 XLT 5.4 3V, 229,000 mi.
Codes:
B2296 Restraint system - impact sensor fault
C1233 Left front wheel speed sensor input signal missing
Warning lights:
ABS
Traction Control
Thanks for any help with this!
G

S20Workstation4

Reaction score
Since it is intermittent, I would first look to identify an electrical issue.
Check the wiring down by the Left front speed sensor, and the wiring to the ABS Module. Any problem with the ABS system will also turn on the AdvanceTrac light. (Trac. Control Light)

Next time the lights come on, immediately try to clear the codes and see how often they come back. Any real issue at the moment should turn the lights back on almost immediately.

- Joseph

OP
OP
N

NGAnderson79

Reaction score
Since it is intermittent, I would first look to identify an electrical issue.
Check the wiring down by the Left front speed sensor, and the wiring to the ABS Module. Any problem with the ABS system will also turn on the AdvanceTrac light. (Trac. Control Light)

Next time the lights come on, immediately try to clear the codes and see how often they come back. Any real issue at the moment should turn the lights back on almost immediately.

- Joseph
I tried what you suggested, and the lights came back on immediately when driving. I ordered a new speed sensor since the boot on the connector for the original sensor was dry rotted and crumbled when I was checking connections, but when I was taking the wheel off to install the new sensor, I noticed that the wheel bearing was bad. The new hub assembly came with a new speed sensor, and I haven't had any issues with the codes or lights since.
As for the airbag code and light, I'm assuming that was a fluke. It hasn't came back since the codes were cleared.
Thanks for your response!