My 2012 el xlt build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucien

Reaction score
I got a 2012 expedition xlt el and have done some things to it.
Lift: Ready lift 3 and 2 inch kit
Tires: 33x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock rims
Light Bar: 30 inch curved rough country light bar in my bumper
Any suggestions on what to do next? Keep in mind that I am a 17 year old and dont have large amounts of money at my finger tips. Also, I have one 12 inch subwoofer in the back which is cool because it echos throughout the cabin. But I have got used to it, so soon I will be getting 3 12's or 2 15's because I have the room so why not. One more thing is that I really want to take the running boards off to get a more lifted look and all that but my dad said no :(. I recently got 20 percent tint on the front two windows to match the back which looks really good and a 8 inch strip of 5 percent on the top of the windshield which helps keep the seats cool by blocking some of the sun.
MYCRUCK.jpgtruck1.jpgtruck2.jpgtruck3.jpg

StephenOsborne1

Reaction score
Good looking rig. I'd focus on keeping it reliable first. Plugs, fluids, filters, etc. You might look into better shocks, but they can cost some coin.
I like the way these Expys look lifted with a roof rack and the right front brush guard. More places to mount lights, gear, etc.
Not impressed with loud stereos. Kinda lame and, sorry for saying it, typical of someone your age. I'd rather save the money for go-fast parts.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a 2012 expedition xlt el and have done some things to it.
Lift: Ready lift 3 and 2 inch kit
Tires: 33x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock rims
Light Bar: 30 inch curved rough country light bar in my bumper
Any suggestions on what to do next? Keep in mind that I am a 17 year old and dont have large amounts of money at my finger tips. Also, I have one 12 inch subwoofer in the back which is cool because it echos throughout the cabin. But I have got used to it, so soon I will be getting 3 12's or 2 15's because I have the room so why not. One more thing is that I really want to take the running boards off to get a more lifted look and all that but my dad said no :(. I recently got 20 percent tint on the front two windows to match the back which looks really good and a 8 inch strip of 5 percent on the top of the windshield which helps keep the seats cool by blocking some of the sun.
View attachment 75163View attachment 75164View attachment 75165View attachment 75166
This looks good. Are those the 33in tires on it? Do you have any issues with rubbing on turns? I'm getting 33's on mine soon and need to know if anything is gonna rub. I also agree with you on the running boards, took mine off and it looks much better. The subwoofer is also something I did, 4 12's, just make sure you get a really good battery and look up a capacitor for your sub, had to do it with mine so my battery would quit dying.

OP
OP
Lucien

Lucien

Reaction score
Yeah they are 33’s and don’t rub with the 3 and 2 inch lift. I’m thinking about 2 15’s when I get more money.

75Flh

Reaction score
Taking the running boards off would definitely make it look taller.