Nakamichi touch screen DVD head install, need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a great deal on a Nakamichi dvd touch screen.
Got the supposedly correct harness and install kit from Metra part#70-5521.
It says "Only compatible with vehicle that have Premium Sound Amp Integration w/ RCA's"

I have a 2003 EB with Premium 6 disc and sub.

See pics for more details, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20150709_182613.jpg
    20150709_182613.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20150709_185836.jpg
    20150709_185836.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 72

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
u dont have rca's in your truck...i have 04...amp is in rear driver's panel...no rca connection there

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, the large plug on the left in your pic is obviously the main power, speakers, ground, etc. The small one on the far right is to the subwoofer (brown positive signal - black negative signal , green = mute signal). Are the RCA outlets on the Nakimichi labeled positive or negative ? Or what model Nakimichi is it? Some use RCA jacks, some want you to splice into the harness. You'll find that the RCA jacks pair up with a couple of those other wires in that side of the harness, you just choose which ones you're gonna use. If you don't use the RCA jacks don't leave them naked to touch something metal or short out. Don't forget to put a 12v to 5v reducer in the AMP ON signal wire or you will get a nagging pop from the amp every time you turn the radio on. Ford amps only like a 5v ON signal, not the industry standard 12v that comes from aftermarket stereo head units.
The one in the middle is the parking aid mute signal (dark blue), subwoofer ON (light green / black), vehicle speed VSS signal (grey/black), and inputs from the optional rear overhead DVD player if you had it ( Red, Black, White, Light Green ). Since you don't have it, the only leads you might be interested in using are the parking aid mute signal wire (dark blue) and the VSS vehicle speed signal if needed ( grey / black ), and the subwoofer ON signal (light green / black ). If you eventually hook up a backup camera you can get the reverse signal from the harness over in the driver's kick panel.

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you Mike. Go it all done. I forgot to post an update. I gave up on the factory sub & amp so I put in my Kenwood 2 channel in with a Pioneer Premier TS-W2502SPL running it at 1000w. It slams, shockingly the factory speakers with a good head actually sound pretty "OK"

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool ! Yeah I only had to replace my rear door speakers with some Pioneer 6 x 8 DVD quality speakers, the fronts were Ok. The back door speakers are pretty lame.

-Mike