Nav/Control Touchscreen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I'm reading in the owner's manual that the ability to use the touchscreen is locked out if the vehicle is moving at 3+ mph? Is this correct or might it be something the prior owner set using the MyKey?

Are any of you able to use the touchscreen while driving?

I haven't been able to figure out which of the two FOBs are the "admin key". One had a sticky green dot on the back which may have been used to indicate that?

I did get my Moto E phone to pair up with Sync 3; that was a snap. I thought I read that the "low fuel" warning light can be adjusted (increased) from the factory 50 miles remaining, but haven't yet found that. Dang, these new cars sure have lots of gizmo's.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can’t type on the screen above 3mph (entering addresses into nav, etc). Many of the settings screens in the center stack and the gauge cluster are also locked out when moving. But you can absolutely use them for everything else at all times.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm. It would be nice if the passenger could be operating the screen. Maybe Ford will figure out a clever way of allowing that?

Anyone know whether the low fuel alert setting can be adjusted?

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I remember correctly from the manual it’s in the vehicle settings on the screen behind the steering wheel. Use the arrows and ok buttons on the left hand side of the steering wheel to move around the various tabs and settings. Think it’s in the MyKey settings. Are you setting up a key for a beginner driver?

Last edited:

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have two options. You can use voice commands, but for some reason ours wants to only access the city we are in so for long trips it has to be set when stopped. You can program the system to allow navigation in motion (what I have done) using ForScan.
Navigation in Motion - Allows Navigation use while in gear (Note: you will lose 911 Call Assist)
APIM 7D0-02-01 x?xx xxxx xxxx Change ? To: 5-disabled (off-default), 7-enable (on)

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The voice recognition on the current generation Ford/Lincoln SUVs is awful. I was shocked how bad it was. They need to take a lesson from Hyundai. I had a loaner Genesis G70 last week and the voice recognition was much better than my 2019 Navigator. One of the most disappointing things about the vehicle.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The voice recognition on the current generation Ford/Lincoln SUVs is awful. I was shocked how bad it was. They need to take a lesson from Hyundai. I had a loaner Genesis G70 last week and the voice recognition was much better than my 2019 Navigator. One of the most disappointing things about the vehicle.
I don’t even use it other than switching to ‘Bluetooth audio’, otherwise I activate Siri and use it for calling