Need advised on radiator Flush and Fill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02eddie4.6L

Reaction score
I am new to this board. I have been looking for a Ford Expedition board for a while and here I am. I have a 02 Eddie Bauer 4.6l expedition. I need to drain the radiator fluid and put new fluid in it. How is this done? Do I necessary need to flush it out or just drain it and fill it back up.
What do you recommend I put back in it. I have some Dexcool its got a orange top. I put some of that in my vw passat turbo.

The truck has 40k on it and I am wondering what all I need to do.. I am trying to do this before it gets cold here in N.C. Thanks!

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like to use Redline Water Wetter.

One bottle of that with a 30% anti-freeze/70% water

Of course, I don't have to worry about snow where I am.

rjstat

Reaction score
There should be a drain on the bottom tank of your radiator this will allow you to drain you old antifreeze from your system. Remember the antifreeze is toxic and will make pets very ill if they where to drink the old antifreeze. Depending the region you live in you can mix your antifreeze accordingly but most manufactures suggest a mix of 50/50 antifreeze will freeze if not mixed with water. Fill your cooling system and you will also want your engine running so that when your engine reaches operating temperature so when your thermostat opens it will circulate the antifreeze thought your engine block. Let run for a while and keep topping of the radiator as need until it full and put some antifreeze mix in the overflow bottle.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
THE BEST THING TO DO IS TAKE IT TO A SHOP THE MONEY AND TIME WASTED ISNT WORTH IT, yOU CAN FIND A SALE ABOUT NOW:cheers:

rjstat

Reaction score
I agree with you but some like to do it themself.
My local mechanic charged me 69.95 for motor flush with a lube and oil change for 97 Cougar