Need big 3 help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOBHIZZLE

Reaction score
Hey. this is my first real post after my introduction and i am really looking forward to seeing what a help you guys can be.
sooo.... with that said. this is my issue....

I am doing the big three upgrade in my 98 eddie b. I have already ran all the ground wires and am now stuck on the posaticve wires. I am electrically and mechanically aware as a novice to beginner so bare with me but what i am having problems with is the alternator to battery...

When i run along the existing wires they lead up from the alternator to a fuse panel and into what appears to be a fuse, i thin its labeled "ford 175" or somethign along those lines... my question is how do i run mine? do i go through this crap or do i run it in a new path/ and if i run it in a new path will i need a fuse between the alt. and the battery like the factory has? my father told me the fuse is likely ther to avoid back current from frying stuff. is this true as well?

and lat but not least i picked up a new schosch efx battery terminal and it turns out with the new huge kinetik battery and the new terminal i am about 1 inch short of a factory red posative wire reaching... can anyone tell me what the factory wires are for, and where they run. Specifically the two smaller ones i have. I have one bigger and two smaller ga wires that appear to be factory but i knwo the original owner ran a new wire to the starter, could one of these wires just be the old original wire floating around doing nothing?

If pics are needed let me know and i will get them up asap.

Thankyou in advance

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
doing he big three just straight to the battery thats what i have always ran and never had a problem