Need Help FAST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im body lifting right now. Front Left body mount bolt broke off. All the others are off. I dont know WTF im doing. Need to know if the mounts need to be drilled to half inch for the PA 3" lift. AND, I need to know how the factory bushing sits on the two front and two floor board mounts. The bolts are two big to fit in the factory threaded mounts. I'm SO confused as to how the bolts will hold down????

OP
OP
98Sexpedition

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I figured out how to get the mounts out and drilled in the front. One side is lifted. Now, my problem is the fan shroud. I cant seem to get the fan shroud to go down. Does the shroud have to be cut? Notched?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yes, you will have to either remove the fan shroud or notch the shroud. This is one of the "issues" with a body lift. You can try remounting the shroud, but that may prove to be a little more interesting than you think. Personally, I would say to invest some money into an E-fan kit and install that. You will get all your cooling flow back and you will also gain a little bit of low end grunt since you won't have a load on the engine any more.

OP
OP
98Sexpedition

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, soooooo...I'm not gonna buy anything else right now. So, I'm gonna have to figure out how to notch the shroud then? any pics or suggestions that I can find? I'm trying to get this thing back together with minimal modification.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you buy a kit or are you piecing it together yourself. When I did mine it came with the parts to lower the shroud. I did not have to cut it.

OP
OP
98Sexpedition

98Sexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its done. I had all the parts, didn't wanna take the radiator out to get the shroud ou. So, I cut the bottom out. Gonna plastic weld back together. Pics after new rims and tires are on