Need help installing Invision Headrest DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mks8882

Reaction score
The Invision headrest DVD players don't come with installation instructions. They have a paper telling you to login to FMCdealer.com, but I don't work for Ford so I don't have the credentials. I did a lot of searching online and found instructions for just about everything except the Expedition.

Does anyone have the capability of getting the instructions for me? I have a 2011 Ford Expedition. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
M

mks8882

Reaction score
The invision factory headrest replacements. From what I understand you unplug a connection in the kick panel and plug the invision harness into it then put the factory connector piggy backed into the invision setup. I was just hoping someone would have access to the factory installation instructions from fmcdealer.com

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2012 the Innovision headrest units are standalone. No feed from the ACM. Each has it's own dvd player/usb port/video in ports.

kimi_ke2

Reaction score
car dvd headrest installation

I just got the easiest-installation car dvd headrest. All I need to do is to fix it on the headrest. It just like a tablet pc headrest dvd.
JCJC149821-8__19860_zoom.jpg

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does Anyone know if there is a way to get the head unit to communicate with the Invision system? Manuals say if they were "factory installed" the head unit will recognize and be able to control the rear DVD systems. Problem is, I don't think any were ever installed at the factory. Mine apparently weren't.

dantaylor

Reaction score
Does Anyone know if there is a way to get the head unit to communicate with the Invision system? Manuals say if they were "factory installed" the head unit will recognize and be able to control the rear DVD systems. Problem is, I don't think any were ever installed at the factory. Mine apparently weren't.

I realise this is very late, but when ever I'm looking up this problem, this thread is always at the top of my search list.

I've been scouring the net for about a month on this one since upgrading to a 2011 EL, has Invision in the rear, and I'm just about to stick our old Kenwood video head unit in from the old 06 Expy.

basically you can look in a lot of forums to see the discussions on invision systems from Hummer, to Cadillac, to Nissan, etc.

Invision say you need to upgrade to the Revolution GIII control box, which is available form your dealer, (most of which will have no clue what your asking for) I've found them here: NEW Genuine Invision GM Ford Toyota Nissan Honda DVD Headrest FUNBOX Control Box | eBay

seems to be the only way other than some very careful and blind splicing (it seems to be impossible to get a copy of either the wiring diagrams or the pin definitions), this control box will give output and aux input feeds to go to your head unit.

I'm ordering one, will let you know how i get on.