Need Help on Replacing Brakes!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadr02

Reaction score
Guys, my brakes are making a grinding noise sometimes when you stop. I took the the expedition to the Firestong place because the tires needed rotating and the guy told me I was 90% wore all the way around. I bought the truck used with 23k on it and it now has 52k. Is this something I can replace and are there any writeups on how to replace the pads. I was quoted over 400 from the dealer and I have found another place that will put NAPA cermic on the from and rear for like 250.00 installed. Thanks!!!!!!

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
brakes are eazy to do you can do it yourself i mean that is if you have rear disc i mean but part should only cost you 100 if you are lucky i mean basic hand tools will do the job and should only take 3 hours at the most

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah you might need rotors and have fun if you try to do it yourself. because if it is like a f-150 they are a pain to get the fonrt rotors off

OP
OP
C

chadr02

Reaction score
thanks, the rotors were fine and even the back had plenty padding left per the place I took it. They put semi-ceramic on it and inspected it for 151.00. I was happy. There is a big difference in the brakes now. I will probably replace the rear ones myself. Thanks for the help

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by lakmflx
If you were quoted 400.00 it is possible you may need rotors as well since you said your brakes are "grinding" I would take a tire off the front and check to make sure as well as the rear.

When I just took mine in today it cost $414 without new rotors. I did have the premium ceramic brakes put in though.