Need help with pi head and intake swap!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 98 expy and in am running into slight issues with this swap now. I have the heads installed and found out that the mustang intake manifold changes my whole setup and seems that it causes me to lose a lot of low end and also changes my fuel rails and air inlet position. So I need to know which newer pi intake setup for a truck to use. I am thinking that the 2001 f150 intake manifold with work for the 4.6 . I am not finding anyone that has done the pi swap on the expedition yet. I was also thinking that the 2001 expedition intake would work also due to the throttle body assembly facing forward rather than to the side with the mustang throttle body setup. If anyone has done this already what intake and throttle body did you use? I am trying to stay stock for now to save cash and possibly snag parts from the boneyard. Any help you guys have would be most helpful. Thanks!

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need a intake from a 01-03 f150 or expy with 4.6. 5.4 wont work because it's wider.

OP
OP
onlyexilove

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats what I found out. I called a place this morning and they have the upper intake for 75 bux. DO you know if I need the lower new one also?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
What cams did you go with??

OP
OP
onlyexilove

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running the stock Mustang GT cams that came with the assembled heads. Couldn't beat the entire kit price of around 1285 with free shipping. Here is a link to the kit I got:
Ford Racing PI Heads and Intake Package
I finally got it to fire up yesterday and it sounds great with no issues so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1