New engine install 2011 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck on the Jasper rebuild. Jasper is not the cherished rebuilder name it used to be in trannies and engines.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If/when the time comes on my truck I'm going with a local rebuild shop.

https://www.promarengine.com/engine-details.php?pn=FO5.4-12

It is better to buy the rebuild from them or to send in your orginal engine and have them rebuild. I have a 2010 with 211,000 and runs good as the day I bought from the dealership. I only issue was the water pump went out at 130,000 and my ac compressor just went out 2 weeks ago. I got it fixed and ac cold as ice again.

OP
OP
JonInMotion

JonInMotion

Reaction score
Got the truck running and I love it! It is a huge upgrade from my Heritage F150 XL. :)
This is the first time I have installed a Re-manufactured engine in my personal vehicle, and I am wondering what all your thoughts are on the break in procedure. The reman says to use conventional oil and change it after 500-600 miles. Then they specify to use conventional again and change it after 3000 miles. It is an LKQ reman purchaced through Powertrain Products. I am following their recommendation so I don't void the warranty but I would like to see what all your guys experience has to say on the subject.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do what they say, then eventually switch out to a synthetic 5w-30 .... and only Motorcraft oil filters ....

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congratulations and I agree with the prior post. I would use conventional oil for the 1st 5 - 600 miles. Oil that has a heavy zinc content. Definitely agree on the 5W30 synthetic after that. Everyone has different thoughts on one brands but that's the right weight in my opinion

5pencer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m pretty sure that I’m looking to have a rebuild or reman. I was towing my travel trailer last week and lost all power when accelerating from stop. I also heard a wap wap wap sound. Fortunately, I was able to get the Expy and TT off the road safely. Prior to the power loss, there had been a slight tick and shifting lag about 1500-2000 RPMs. I thought is would be resolved by a trans flush and fill which I had schedule for the very next day.

Initial brief diagnosis is very low pressure on cylinders 1 & 2. Cyl. 4 is a bit lower than spec.

I was driving cross country, so I’m looking for good shops west side of Saint Louis.
2011 Ford Expedition 130k miles
A/c compressor was recently replaced
New Yokohama’s 2 weeks old
Front 4wd rebuilt in December.

I’m on the fence about doing the rebuild/reman, because it’s a rough work truck with some NE rust. But I had thought the mechanicals were good.