New Expedition Owner have one important question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phateddie

Reaction score
I'm not a mechanic, just know what the dealership told me. There was a recall on it as well, maybe you can research the recall list for more info.....

stan750rr

Reaction score
AKTHOR

Go to www.alldata.com and search for your truck.This is a good place to start by giving you a list of things to look for as well as any recalls that might need to get done. And yes this place is very slow. Stan

b_salgado

Reaction score
AKTHOR
THe # 8 coil pack faiure is a common problem. There is a hose for the heater core right over the #8 coil that drips coolant onto the coil and causes failure. There is a TSB on this issue and they know about it. I believe that there is a kit that will fix this problem also. As for the #3 coil.... I think that it is a cooincidence that it failed also. I have 170,000 on mine and have never had to replace any of the coil packs.

OP
OP
A

AKTHOR

Reaction score
Any idea of a link or where to look or what to use for a term for a seach to find the kit to prevent the problem? I imagine it must be something to keep the drip off of #8 anyone done any DIY type things to fix it?

tireburner454

Reaction score
Hi Akthor, my name is Tom, and we just bought an 01 expedition, when we test drove it, I noticed it had a slight hesitation and told the saleman about it. He assured me they would take care of the problem. I also noticed the truck felt like it swayed alot. When we got back to the lot, the front wheels were turned and I noticed the front sway bar bolts and bushing we missing. Anyways, they replaced them, and also the lower ball joints. We went to pick up the vehicle, and when I got in I noticed it was still stuttering and hesitating. I went right back in and had the service manager go for a ride with me. He told me they had replaced the throttle positioning senson. They have given us a rental vehicle while they are trying to fix this hesitation. From all things, it sounds like what you are describing with your vehicle. Did you get it fixed yet? Is the problem resolved? By the way, we just bought this after owning a 2000 ford explorer sport for 4 months, that we had nothing but problems with.

b_salgado

Reaction score
AKTHOR, This has been discussed in another Forum in great detail. THe name of the Forum Is Ford truck Enthusiast. Check it out.... they have alot of good people in there to help people out. I believe there is a kit available from Ford to fix the hoses. I personally don't have and haven't had the problem. Mine is a 97 and most of the problems are in 99+.