New Guy looking for some suggestions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your a/c is suppose to shut off when you are at wide open throttle, thats something you can not change, try not to go wot and see if it stays cold.

Now if it is short cycling (not staying on constantly) then you need to buy a few large cans of freon and recharge your system, the system hols 64 ounces of freon, thats alot of freon btw.

I know its supposed to shut off at WOT. My Lightning does that too, but this is different. It does it all the time, just under normal driving. ill be cruising at street speed limits and it will shut off. Sounds like it cuts off the front vents and switches to the defrost vents. I can hear it blowing from there, but cant feel it. As for freeon, its been filled to capacity twice, so I know its not that. Its fully charged. And I didnt personally do it, I had it done by a friend who knows how to do AC systems and has all the proper hosing/tubing/gauges, etc… We double & triple checked the readings and how many lbs it was supposed to read at. We checked for a vacum leak and couldnt find one, but it sounds like from what everyone here is saying is that there has to be one somewhere!

And I do have rear AC as well, but that seems to be blowing just fine. The problem is only up front.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know that there is a vacuum hose that comes off the intake that feeds the ac system, take a look at the ac heat controls and follow the line that feeds it. It could also bed a bad blend door as well, do a search on the blend door, its a common issue with fords of for the era.

OP
OP
TheGuyWho

TheGuyWho

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know that there is a vacuum hose that comes off the intake that feeds the ac system, take a look at the ac heat controls and follow the line that feeds it. It could also bed a bad blend door as well, do a search on the blend door, its a common issue with fords of for the era.

Ok ill start there. Im also noticing that there are a few threads on here with the same questions and problems.

FWIW, I would rather have a common problem, than an uncommon one. LOL At least with a common problem everyone knows how to fix it. HAhaha

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok ill start there. Im also noticing that there are a few threads on here with the same questions and problems.

FWIW, I would rather have a common problem, than an uncommon one. LOL At least with a common problem everyone knows how to fix it. HAhaha

Your not lying there, keep us updated bro.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the bushings that probably need to be replaced are your sway bar bushings, the links like to snap in half so if your front sway bar isnt attached to your lower control arms then you need endlinks and bushings