New lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice lift thats what i want for my expedition

Last edited:

ffdon

Reaction score
So how did you do that lift and how much did it cost. Thanks

OP
OP
C

croatone

Reaction score
It rides better in my opinion because the factory shocks were so worn out. I could move them like a slinky, with little resistance when I took them off. The truck also doesent porpoise as much front to back while driving down the road. It is a flat and controlled ride compared to before.

OP
OP
C

croatone

Reaction score
I put a pair of Daystar 2" spacers on the rear and I adjusted the torsion bars about 1.25". You just turn the bolts clockwise with an 18mm socket for the front lift. For the rear I jacked it up off the ground until the suspension was at full droop. I then unbolted the rear stabalizer and shocks. I then had a 240lb friend of mine stand on top of the rear tire while I crammed the 2" spacer above the coil spring on the side he was helping push the tire down. Then I repeated the same for the other rear side. I had to push the spring up by hand pretty hard to get it to sit back on the lower spring perch. with the spacer your rear spring effectivley becomes 2 inches longer. It took me about 3 hours for the whole deal with all four shocks. I purchased a set of hummer h2 wheels with the tires for 200 bucks. I sold the wheels by them selves for 200 bucks and kept the tires. The spacers were 85 dollars and the shocks were 50 a piece. so all said and done it was free tires after the sale of the wheels and $285 bucks for the spacers and shocks. $285 for everything. It would cost around $450 bucks to have a shop install the suspension pieces including parts and $1000 for new 315-70-17 bfgs. I like a good bargain.

ffdon

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just one more thing. How many times did you turn the bolt to raise the front. Is it one full turn = 1/4"?

OP
OP
C

croatone

Reaction score
I dont remember...I just did one side until i thought it was sitting where I wanted it. Just take a measurement from the top of the wheel well to the ground and crank until it is lifted 1.5 inches.You can go as high as 2 inches. I think more than that is to harsh on the cv joints and ride quality. To each his own though. Then do the other side until it is equel to the first side you did. probably somewhere around 2 full rotations of the bolts. One turn is probably around .7 inches of lift if i had to guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker