New LT Tires tonight...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Getting a set of Falken Wildpeak LT rated tires tonight from Wallyworld... Got them for 1/3 off since my other tires only got to 41k on a 60k tire.

The new ones are 265/70/17 like the factory size. And are 60k warranty and LT Rated.

The reason I go to Wallyworld for tires cause if I have a tire issue, flat, cut in sidewall, etc... I can be anywhere in the country and ALWAYS find a Walmart! I always get the roadhazzard warranty and lifetime rotation and balance.

Will let you know how they feel after a few hundred miles, and towing with them.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And... Yes when I get home, I will loosen all the plugs and retighten them with my torque wrench to 130lbs. I HATE when shops use torque sticks... Then you wonder why after about 250 miles your brake pedal starts to pulsate when stopping... Duh, warped rotors from not having equally tightened lugs...

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk when I did all my rotors about 2,500 miles ago I just tightened it all back up with my T- wrench..... still no problems

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is 150... I only go to 130. Maybe I am a whimp, sick of pulling it to 150 when you really don't have to. LOL. Most cars/trucks are 100, so 130 is enough in my opinion. Never had an issue.

I that using a lug wrench is probably ok tightening, but why chance the aspect of warped rotors, I tighten the same and never had an issue. I did have one years ago when I left it alone after new tires, and someone else told me that. Haven't had one since... I do know of plenty of vehicles that I drive: brother, mom, in-laws vehicles, etc... And they ALL have the brake pedal pulsating!