New Member from Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KY9L

Reaction score
Hello there! Name is Grady, just bought a 2000 Expedition XLT. Seems to be very nice condition, just needs some TLC here and there. Loving it so far.

I decided to give my vehicle a name, mainly because of the line of volunteer work I am involved with. I am part of a local Search and Rescue group. My group looks for people who are lost and help in disasters. I got the name Polaris after the North Star. It resembles as an overseer, a guiding light, leadership, etc.

I came up with the name actually a year ago back on March 2, 2012. Areas near me Washington County, my home county of Clark, and Jefferson County were devastated be an EF-4 tornado. It was my first disaster I ever responded too, it was late at night (900 PM) my team was dispatched to the devastated town of Henryville, IN. I knew the area because most of my team is from Kentucky and I was asked to lead the convoy. Since my hobby included storm chasing I had my vehicle outfitted with amber warning light to be seen on side of the road. Leading the convoy about 3/4 of the way there I radio to the convoy asking how everyone was doing and if they could see me. Their response "We can see you a mile away! We can track you easier."

It really hit home later that night when I realized I was indeed... the guiding star for the convoy. So I took it quite to heart. :) Even to the point it also has a motto to go by.

"You do what you have to do, what you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live." So I've decided my next vehicle... the Expedition to make it the literal form of Polaris and its function as a main vehicle and as a vehicle for search and rescue. So the picture you see in this post is the before picture. When its done I'll post a picture of its completed form.

I am exciteed to be part of this forum because I am hoping to learn a lot about this vehicle. I want to keep it around for a good time to come and keep it as best shape I can keep it.

So hope this tells a little about me. Glad to be here! :)

Attachments

• polarissized.jpg
    polarissized.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 59

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome...nice to see someone else from Indiana lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk