New member from Memphis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imported_mrfarmdog

Reaction score
Hey all

First post on this forum. I have an 2003 EB Expy with the 5.4 that my wife drives and has needed some attention. I believe it is called Wedgewood blue metallic. I thought we were going to sell it but we decided to keep it so I am fixing some things on it. It has just over 100K miles so I just had the major tune up done. Made a huge difference in the way it sounded on startup. It is hard to get rid of because it is just so dang convenient! Love the vehicle!

Several things I am fixing:

Front seats - leather was cracked and just looked bad. Having a custom shop make new bottoms for both sides in the front. Will look just like new when done.

Steering column boot - was busted. New one in route.

Rear hatch strap - was broken. New one ordered.

Outside paint - debating on this one but would like to repaint it due to chips and dings. Was quoted $3500. Not sure if it is worth it or not. I really dig the metallic blue and would like it to look new again.

Not sure what else I am going to do yet other than put a train horn on it. LOL! We live near a five way intersection over rail road tracks and it ****** the wife off when people don't wait their turn. She want to scare the crap out of some people as they go over the RR tracks to teach them a lesson.

I do have a few questions as there are some other things that don't seem right...

Message Center is dim - the rest of the instrument panel looks normal but I can hardly read the odometer. Anyone seen this issue?

Drivers Window starting to stick - Seems like the electrical motor may be going out. It hasn't failed yet but I expect it to. I have to hit the switch a couple of times to get it to come up. Might be a switch problem.

I do some graphics work on the side so I might do something with this one. Anyone got any nice examples on other Expeditions?

Hope to get some responses from this long post!

MrFarmdog

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Welcome!!

Mines Deep wedgewood blue! Love the color where its not peeling off. :( Eventually I may get mine painted... But spent well over my budget on it already this year.

OP
OP
I

imported_mrfarmdog

Reaction score
Welcome!!

Mines Deep wedgewood blue! Love the color where its not peeling off. :( Eventually I may get mine painted... But spent well over my budget on it already this year.

Tom I noticed you have done some power mods. What can be done to the 03 5.4L to enhance the power and what are the weak points on the drive train?

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome. My dad has the exact same truck but I dont think its the Deep Blue, whatever the lighter blue... as far as the train horn goes. GREAT IDEA! my bud has one on his exploder and its bad ass. Just make sure to wire it up to a secondary switch so that when a cop pulls you over for using it you can honk your horn it will sound factory. If they somehow find out you have an airhorn in it "show purposes only officer"
Works everytime, unless it dosent

OP
OP
I

imported_mrfarmdog

Reaction score
welcome. My dad has the exact same truck but I dont think its the Deep Blue, whatever the lighter blue... as far as the train horn goes. GREAT IDEA! my bud has one on his exploder and its bad ass. Just make sure to wire it up to a secondary switch so that when a cop pulls you over for using it you can honk your horn it will sound factory. If they somehow find out you have an airhorn in it "show purposes only officer"
Works everytime, unless it dosent

I will probably set it up like the linelock on my Mustang. Two position switch that toggles between the horn working normally and using the train horn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT