New Member from SW FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Greetings to all....

Obviously, a new member to these forums, looking to make contacts, read suggestions, comments and recommendations about the Ford Expedition.

I am originally from Columbus, Ohio (Buckeye through and through) - born and raised, then eventually married and moved to SW Florida in 2002. This is where I bought my 1st and only Ford Expedition.
Love the truck, because my parents have owned Expeditions since 1997...they had a 1997, 1999, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2013 and now a 2015. I loved the 1997's and 1999 so much, that I went out to purchase one of my own.

In 2002, I found one locally that came off on a trade-in at a dealership. A 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer edition (Estate Green with Parchment interior). It literally had less than 1,500 miles on it!!!! The lady who owned it, previously, her husband bought it for her, she did not like it very well and barely drove it at all (hence the < 1,500 miles) in a year's time - then trade it in for an Explorer. Then I got one helluva deal on it, because the dealership (Ford) got tired of seeing it on the lot because they were already trying to unload their 2002 models and had a stack of new 2003's too. I lucked out!!!!!!!

I have had it ever since, I now have 108,000K miles on it to date, and I keep this truck in cherry condition (as best as I can).

I am now beginning to replace and/or upgrade things on the truck as a lot of things are wearing or have worn out and needing replaced or upgraded. But still keeping her running like a kitten and trying yo keep her looking close to showroom condition.

• I just repainted the plastic part of the exterior of the truck (bumper, running boards and part of the front bumper), as it has faded over the years from the Florida sun/UV.
  • Had to replace the automatic leveling system with performance shocks/struts. (Those blasted bladders went bad and was more of a pain to replace OEM wise)
  • Repainted part of the front dash due to excessive paint chipping and flaking.
  • In process of replacing of the front headlights...they are fogged over and look terrible. Going to replace them with Ford Lightning headlights instead!
That is about it for now.....
Cheers!