New member in Tampa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyo_vr4

Reaction score
I drive a 1999 Navigator 4WD that I bought when gas was approaching $2 a gallon and everyone thought the sky was falling. A lot has changed in my life and the automotive industry since 2004 but the Navigator has remained a constant, mostly reliable presence. The car is pretty much stock but I'm in the process of changing out the air suspension to a traditional set up after it failed for the second time. Expeditionary, a fellow Tampa-based Expedition Forum member, has very kindly agreed to help.

Other than regular maintenance, I've added a stainless steel grill guard, Michelin Cross Terrain tires, and tinted windows. The grill guard was installed when I lived in Wyoming. It certainly helps the car stand out in the sea of minivans, cars, and smaller SUVs that typically populate the roads of suburban Tampa.

My Navigator no longer needs to go off-road but I still appreciate and utilize its passenger carrying, towing, and cargo hauling capabilities. Favorite features include the tan leather interior, Alpine stereo, exterior styling, and the bulletproof (so far, touch wood) 5.4L 32V V8. Overall, the vehicle is in great shape, especially considering its age. I'll post some pics when the rear end no longer resembles a dog dragging its ass on a carpet.

I haven't noticed any other Navigator owners on this forum but I hope my presence is still welcome. LOL!

See you on the boards...

OP
OP
wyo_vr4

wyo_vr4

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys!

After a day of hard work by myself and Robert aka Expeditionary, the suspension is fixed and I'm back on the road. I made an album and posted some pics.