New member in Va.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Declansdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello gents and ladies. I recently acquired a 99 XLT Expedition through a barter. I traded a 1986 Toyota 4Runner project that I had much blood, sweat and tears into but I never drove the thing and I hated seeing it sit. Also I was in need of something I could easily put the wife and 2 boys in and pull our 24' boat. While the 4Runner was an awesome little truck it definitely wasn't a towing rig. While driving the 2 hours to meet the guy to trade I contemplated turning around many times. But I just kept reminding myself this is much more practical for me and my growing family. I got there and it didn't take me long to feel that I was getting the much better end of the deal and it's what I needed. So I drove the Expy back home with no problems and really loved the way it drove and rode compared to the rugged 4Runner ride. The guy told me it needed a tune up so first thing I did was plugs and wires. I found that 2 of the plugs were finger tight so I'm glad I got to it before the blowout. It needs a few things but mostly cosmetics (thorough cleaning). Looks like the valve covers need new gaskets and she'll be road ready. My plans are to go through the suspension and brake systems and replace any questionable parts. Also I'd like to lift it just enough to clear 33's with no rubbing problems. I'm thinking 3" or so. Maybe throw some 18" wheels on it, tint the front windows and just basically maintain it to be a good backup/tow/winter driving truck. I use my company truck during the week so this truck will probably see 2000-2500 miles per year. Anyways here's a pic and look forward to the project.

image.jpg

Newbs99

Reaction score
Hey man and welcome!
Is it 4x4 and it looks great...great trade by the way!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...where in VA I live in hampton