Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktf71096

Reaction score
Hey All,

New to the forum & wanted to say hello.

Have a 2000 Expy 4x4 with the 4.6. Still runs very strong & smooth.

Only issue (and a big one) is rust. After spending 11.5 years up in NY, the winters & salt got 'er. Surface rust on frame, under all door sills (rotting thru), and a softball size hole in my passenger rear qtr panel.

Hate to move on - especially when she still start rights up with a turn of a key, and moves when you want it to. Dunno if it's worth fixing or not. I'm in Orlando now, and toying with the idea of going to a body shop to see what they say. My Expy is one of the very few vehicles on the road in my neighborhood with a rust hole. Was looking at prices for used and later model Expy's - but they're still pretty pricey.

This is where it sucks being 6' 4" 250+ lbs - can't squeeze into a smaller car comfortably, so I dont want a car. But dont know if I should try to fix, or suck it up and plunk down for another one....

Worse comes to worse, I guess I can go till the body falls off.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.... I know your pain about wonderful NY.... I'm still up here

OP
OP
K

ktf71096

Reaction score
thanks! Good luck with the storm blowing in - here there is going to be lots of snow....

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 on welcome.
I'm sure someone/shop/company there on the space coast can help you restore your Expy's image. They are a work-in-progress as they age, for sure.
Pics?
PanHandler.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome! You may find a rust free one there for around the same price as what you can get for yours, no? Then again, may be a tough sell with he rust, given the stigma of a northern car. Have any pics of the truck and/or rust?