Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ziggyzag420

Reaction score
Hello , new member from Ontario Canada , I am waiting on the arrival of my 2021 expedition max king ranch in Burgandy Velvet with HD trailer tow , continuous damping suspension. It is scheduled to be built the week of July 12

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s a sweet color and package. Can’t wait to see pics of it later!

OP
OP
Z

ziggyzag420

Reaction score
Curious to hear other members opinions on the continuous damping suspension is it worth it ?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The one I had didn't have ccd, but from the expy and navs I've tested with, it does provide a better ride. Most ppl on here will tell you to buy better sway bars to minimize the floaty motions. Even without the ccd, not many suvs of any class will ride better than the expy though.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CCD is great, because you can select how you want it to ride. Plus the base struts on the non-CCD units fail at 10-20K miles.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines started to fail when I turned it in with 35k on it. I took it to the dealer and told them it's leaking and they said I'd have to pay a diagnostic fee. I was like nope, it's being dropped off in a week, itll be someone else's problem.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the discussions. You’ll be happy with your new rig.

My regular shocks, brakes and tires all lasted fine until 75,000 miles. Could keep going but am upgrading now.

Cupholder and cam phasers didn’t make it that far.