New Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deano_1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking replace the stock tires on my 2014 Expedition EL XLT. The stock tires are P275/65 R18. I tow a 26 foot camper, with most of my towing within a few hundred miles. I live in upstate NY so we deal with snow and ice. Next summer we plan to drive cross county (not towing). I have been looking at the Michelin LTX A/T 2, LTX M/S and the LTX A/S but I honestly don't know the real difference between them.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Deano

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running Falken Wildpeak HT's on my 2003, that are LT rated and couldn't be happier! Someone else here has the same tires and says the same thing. Got mine at Wallyworld and they have a 60k warranty too. Great in rain and snow, but not to aggressive of tread to cause alot of road noise.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Search 275/65r18 and 255/70r18 on walmart.com and see what's a few hundred bucks cheaper

Good prices start at ~100-110 / ea

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mud and snow, or m&s have wider block spacing between tread than an all season tire. Their both passenger car not truck LT tires. If your goal is heavier weight handling, the LT would be the better choice. However if a car like ride is more important, and towing is only done once in a while, then the car tires would be the way to go. The wider spaced M&S tire would more than likely have the advantage during winter months. Hope that helps a little. Like they told Harrison Ford, choose wisely. Do your homework, read reviews. Theirs been a lot of members here that reported on tires last month. Unfortunately most didn't like the Michelin.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE