New to Ford ownweship..dumb question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alienxtx

Reaction score
Could you post a picture of the modded factory intake? Just curious to see what it looks like.

not my best work, but I was pissed and it started raining on me while I was working on it. And since I decided it wasnt going to end up on my expo I didnt bother smoothing the outside of it very well, just shot some rattle can on it and tossed it on my work truck. With the holes left behind being so close together on the filter side of the tube, it made it very hard to lay out the fiberglass and make it smooth. The inside turned out fine, so air flow is much better, I have noticed a little better throttle response out of the truck now, but have not made a unloaded highway trip yet to see if I picked up any MPG. I would suggest just picking up some tubing and going that route, modding the factory just isnt worth the time/effort IMO. I think Im into the tubing and fitting for $75.

IMAG0047.jpg

OP
OP
A

Alienxtx

Reaction score
nowhere, it just hangs off of it. I believe its suppose to cut down on noise etc? The one box that comes off of the driverside of the throttle body I just removed and made a cap to cover the hose coming out, all the rest I cut off with a saw then used a drimmel to smooth it out. When I installed it on my work truck I just left the box off of the throttle body for now and put the cap I made on my Expo. I will end up making one for the truck too.

OP
OP
A

Alienxtx

Reaction score
Have you seen any gains in acceleration or power with this setup?

Could you post a picture of the modded factory intake? Just curious to see what it looks like.

Ok, I just made a unloaded 100 mile trip in my work truck with the modded intake. I'm averaging 20 mpg were before I was only getting 15-16 on this same trip. This was all freeway with the cruise set to 75. Not to shabby imo.

I still have not really got a chance to test the Expo out yet since I rarely drive it. I did order some wrap to go on the aluminum tubing in installed, it really soaks up heat like a sponge and that is not good on performance. Once I wrap it the intake temp will drip and I should really notice I jump in everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker