New to me 2000 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi-I just picked up (this week) an excellent condition '00 EB 2WD with 4.6L/4R70W and 170K. It runs tight and has been very well maintained. All electronics work (except overdrive button). I'm concerned with repeated mentioning of this leaking/cracked intake manifold. Could you elaborate? Is it on both 4.6 and 5.4 mod engines? If it's a given that she'll blow, I'd prefer to do some preventative maintenance. Thanks.

Most people that have the intake problem start seeing coolant around cylinder 1 and get the misfire and associated codes. If its cracked its just best to replace the darn thing. I've read that a few people indicate the Dorman gives you better fuel economy and less torque but since this already had one I have nothing to compare to. I've not seen any power issues with it to be honest

OP
OP
T

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So after Moose's question I contacted Promar. They indicated the following. When servicing the heads they put inserts in for any spark plug threads that appear to be damaged. However, if requested by the customer, they will installed 8 inserts into the heads at no charge at the time of build. Wish I'd known that, but for anyone else, that's the word.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good to know. Installing all 8 at time of rebuild, would sure eliminate headaches down the road, when you change plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk