New twist on COP failure.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to replace #4 cop for the 2nd time in 2 years. It is located under some ac lines that condensate and drip on the coil. When i pulled out the old coil i could see that water had seeped into the body of the coil. I was wondering if i put some RTV on the top of the new coil, would this help it from failing so quickly? or is this a waste of time and effort?

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May be able to to wrap the ac hose with the black sponge type of material to soak up the condensation.

OP
OP
S

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. tried that. just delayed the recurrence of the problem. just thought the rtv would help stop water pooling on top of the coil. might even design a metal shield to divert the water.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. tried that. just delayed the recurrence of the problem. just thought the rtv would help stop water pooling on top of the coil. might even design a metal shield to divert the water.

Well, it was a thought, maybe not a good one, but I also thought about a troff as well for you, it is a good idea, let us know what you come up with. I think the rtv will be a pain and a mess if you have to work with that piece again.